Wednesday 26 June 2013

Social Media for Functional Skills Mathematics

I've been teaching adults for 8 years almost. Firstly, we covered the Adult Numeracy qualifications from Entry Level up to Level 1 and Level 2 and then in September 2012 we switched over to the Functional Skills assessments from City & Guilds so this past year (ish) has been my first year teaching this new qualification/assessment.

So far it's not been too bad; a lot of it is common sense and pretty realistic examples that you would encounter in day-to-day life. However, I am really, really struggling with getting together some good resources for Adult Learners or for learners who need to have maths applied to them - in a way they understand it! So this blog is going to help me review and find those all important resources for my new intake of students in September 2013...!

No comments:

Post a Comment